Inside: See 8 Valentine’s Day activities that are stress-free and super fun for upper elementary kids. Teachers love Valentine’s Day printables, games, and worksheets that are easy to use and require no prep!
Does Valentine’s Day stress you out as a teacher? If so, you’re not alone. With a little added sugar, our students can be on high-energy levels and don’t want to think about lessons and learning. No worries! These 8 Valentine’s Day activities for kids will not stress you out, AND your students will still be learning while having fun!
1. Fun Math Printables. These Valentine’s Day worksheets for upper elementary students will keep things academic in the classroom while giving students a nice break from the normal routine. Students can practice multiplication, division, money problems, fractions, and more with these fun worksheets. A bonus coloring page and word search are included, too!
2. Parts of Speech Color by Code. What student doesn’t love color by code? Reviewing common parts of speech, such as nouns, verbs, adjectives, and adverbs is extra fun with these Valentine’s Day color by code printables.
3. Valentine’s Day Bookmarks. These FREE bookmarks are perfect to give to your students as a gift. You can choose to print the bookmarks that are already colored, or give them the black and white version to color themselves. Sign up with your email to get these fun bookmarks for free.
4. Writing Prompts with Themed Writing Paper. Print out these writing prompt cards and let students choose one that appeals to them. Lined Valentine’s Day paper is even included. The finished product makes a great bulletin board display!
5. The History of Valentine’s Day Flipbook. After reading the informational passage explaining the history of this holiday, students answer questions to create a fun flipbook. This is a great way to keep students’ interest during an informational reading activity!
6. “I Love you S’More” Treat Toppers. Looking for a creative treat to give your class? These FREE Valentine’s Day S’more treat bags are easy to make with printable treat toppers. You could even set up a center where students make their own bag to give to someone who needs to be cheered up. Sign up with your email to get these adorable printables for free.
7. Valentine’s Day Printable Puzzles. Students love to be challenged. These Valentine’s Day puzzles include a word search, crack the code, word scramble, and more. Just print and go! They are the perfect activity for party time in the classroom.
8. Valentine’s Day Project Based Learning Activity. Anything involving cupcakes is a good thing, in my opinion. This high-interest Create a Valentine’s Day Cupcake Contest project will have your students using math and writing and loving every minute of it!
Do you celebrate Valentine’s Day in your classroom? I’d love to hear any other ideas you have for activities!
Download your FREE teaching printables today!
Join the Appletastic Learning community and receive over $30 worth of free teaching printables today!