Looking for a fun, hands-on way to explore and learn more about 2 dimensional shape classification? This resource will help your students master 2-D shape classification in no time at all, whether you are teaching your students virtually or in person.
What is included in the 2D Shapes Activities Packet?
- Quadrilateral Classification Chart
- Triangle Classification Chart (2 methods: by length of sides and types of angles)
- 5 Quadrilateral Foldables (square, rectangle, rhombus, parallelogram, trapezoid)
- 6 Triangle Foldables (scalene, isosceles, equilateral, right, acute, obtuse)
- 4 Other Polygon Foldables (pentagon, hexagon, heptagon, octagon)
- DIGITAL Version of Classification Activities for Google Classroom
- PRINTABLE Version
- Suggested Uses and Teaching Ideas
What are some ways teachers can use this resource?
- Have students complete and paste into math journals.
- Enlarge and create an interactive bulletin board in your classroom.
- Have students create posters and display in your building.
- Assign digital activities through Google Classroom.
- Use the classification charts for reference in notebooks.
Reviews from Happy Teachers and Homeschooling Families:
“This resource was perfect! My students loved making their own Shapes Book and it has helped them to remember the different shapes and how to tell the different. It also makes a great reference for students to have to refer to throughout the year! I highly recommend using this!”
“Great resource for our Math notebooks and I will have the students also use the digital version as well! So glad it is in both formats! Perfect for my students – very clearly stated and engaging. Thanks!”
“My son was having the hardest time learning quadrilaterals, but this helped him so much. It just suddenly clicked with this activity. Thank you! ”
“This was a tremendous resource. My students were struggling with their shapes and once I found this it was a game changer. We glued these into their math notebooks and now I catch my students taking out their notebooks to study these facts all the time. They even quiz each other using the folds. Definitely will be using this resource for years to come! “
Questions and answers of the customers
There are no questions yet, be the first to ask something for this product.