This is a packet of fun end of year math activities or test prep math activities that will have your students engaged and LOVING every minute of math skills practice and review! Can your students work in teams to solve math problems and puzzles in order to make it to the beach? Perfect for a beach day activities classroom transformation, test prep, or end of year math activities!
This engaging, high-interest end of year math activities packet includes:
- Teacher Directions
- Beach Items Collection Sheet
- Task 1: Crabby Beach Path (Equivalent Fractions)
- Task 2: Beach Shack Shopping (Money Word Problems)
- Task 3: Color by Code (Multiplication Facts)
- Task 4: Digging for Shapes (2D Shape Classification)
- Task 5: Crack the Code (Math Vocabulary)
- Challenge Champion Printables (for labeling sand buckets as prizes)
- Challenge Champion Award Certificates
- Answer Keys
Students can work in teams or individually to complete all 5 tasks. As they complete each of the 5 tasks, they will bring you their answers and you will quickly check them. If they are correct, you will hand them an “Escape to the Beach” item (printed on the provided page) and then the next task. They continue this process until all 5 tasks are completed. When they finish, they are a “V.I.P. Beach Member” and you can give them a prize or an award.
There are no locks, no hiding of objects, or any extra prep work. The beauty of this escape activity is that it is very low prep. Just make your copies, organize your teams, label your treats (if you want to give prizes), and you’re set!
Of course, some fun beach music and beach decorations also help set the stage if you want.
As always, please contact me with any questions!
Thank you so much,