Can your students work in teams to solve math problems and puzzles in order to make it to the beach? This is a fun end of year or test prep math activity that will have your students engaged and LOVING every minute of math skills practice and review!
Please click on the PREVIEW above to get a closer look at all the activities included in this resource.
This engaging, high-interest equivalent fractions activity includes these printable activities:
- Teacher Directions
- Save the Earth Collection Sheet
- Task #1: Crabby Beach Path (Equivalent Fractions)
- Task #2: Beach Shack Shopping (Money Word Problems)
- Task #3: Color by Code (Multiplication)
- Task #4: Digging for Shapes (2D Shape Classification)
- Task #5: Crack the Code (Math Vocabulary)
- Challenge Champion Printables (for labeling sand buckets as prizes)
- Challenge Champion Award Certificates
- Answer Keys
Students can work in teams or individually to complete all 5 tasks. As they complete each of the 5 tasks, they will bring you their answers and you will quickly check them. If they are correct, you will hand them a “Make it to the Beach” item (printed on the provided page) and then the next task. They continue this process until all 5 tasks are completed. When they finish, they are a “V.I.P. Beach Member” and you can give them a prize or an award.
There are no locks, no hiding of objects, or any extra prep work. The beauty of this escape activity is that it is very low prep. Just make your copies, organize your teams, label your treats (if you want to give prizes), and you’re set!
Of course, some fun beach music and beach decorations also help set the stage if you want.
Questions and answers of the customers
There are no questions yet, be the first to ask something for this product.