This June-Themed Informational Close Reading Packet has everything you need for a complete Close Reading unit in your classroom. Now includes digital versions for Google Classroom. High-Interest, differentiated June reading passages are at the heart of this one-stop resource!
By purchasing this bundle, you are saving 35% off the price of the individual packets.
If you have never used Close Reading or even if you are already a pro, this 55-page packet truly is for you! It has everything you need for a complete, successful informational text reading unit.
The digital version of this packet includes ready-made, visually-appealing Google slides for you to share with your class. It includes interactive drag and drop annotation marks and fillable text dependent activities.
Each of the 5 passages included in this resource is provided in two differentiated levels. One is in the fifth-sixth grade reading range, and the other is in the third-fourth grade reading level range. The level is given for each passage, along with a guide that provides the corresponding grade level for Lexile levels. I’ve taken all the guesswork out of differentiating and leveling of passages for you!
This bundle includes:
- 5 Informational Passages (2 Differentiated Levels)
- 5 Days of Close Reading Activities
- Text Dependent Questions
- Written Response
- Teacher Guide Sheet
- Annotation Guide (full page and ½ page)
- Printable B/W Pages
- Color, Interactive Digital Slides for Google Classroom
- Answer Keys
- This packet includes these informational, high-interest, close reading passages:
• Chocolate: A Delicious History (Month of June, Candy Month)
• The Appalachian Trail (June 3, National Trails Day)
• Summer Solstice: The Longest Day (June 21, Summer Solstice)
• Paul Bunyan: Folk Hero (June 28: Paul Bunyan Day)
• Meteoroids: Space Rocks (June 31, Meteor Day)
This packet is both rigorous and Common-Core aligned. Questions have been carefully crafted to move readers from basic, recall questions to higher-level questions where students must cite evidence from the text to support their answers. There are 5 tasks/activities for each passage, moving from easier tasks to more challenging activities. Each passage and its corresponding activities offer a full-week’s worth of close reading.
Looking for MORE CLOSE READING packets? Here you go:
Close Reading for the YEAR Bundle
Arctic Animals Close Reading
U.S. Landmarks Close Reading
Black History Close Reading
Amazing Insects Close Reading
Solar System Close Reading
February Close Reading Packet
Other Close Reading Packets
Questions and answers of the customers
There are no questions yet, be the first to ask something for this product.