This January-themed reading centers packet makes organizing your Reading and ELA plans for the entire month simple and easy. Everything you need, including nonfiction informational passages, worksheets, poetry, center games and activities, and writing resources, is included in this one-stop resource!
Click on the PREVIEW above to get a closer look at the contents of this resource.
This extra-helpful, high-interest resource includes:
• New Year’s Day Around the World (January 1)
• Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., Civil Rights Leader (3rd Monday in January)
• Popcorn! Popcorn! (National Popcorn Day, January 19)
• Oh My! Let’s Have Some Pie! (National Pie Day, January 23)
4 ELA/Reading Center Games and Activities:
• Snowy Genre Memory Match Game – Literary Genres
• Do You “Snow” Cause and Effect? Sorting Activity – Cause and Effect
• Let It Snow! Cut and Paste Activity – Text Structure and Organization
• Synonym Snowballs Game – Synonyms
• “Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening” A traditional poem with focus on rhyme, alliteration, and comprehension.
• Who Am I? Poetry-writing activity complete with guide sheet, writing sheet and illustration box.
• “A New Year’s Resolution” (A Sequential Writing prompt, prewriting graphic organizer, lined paper, and illustration page)
This resource is ideal for the busy teacher! All the hard work is done for you, and students LOVE the high-interest nature of the entire packet!
The passages and activities can be used in a variety of settings, such as independent work, reading centers, small group work, intervention time, and even homework!
Your upper elementary students will certainly enjoy Reading and ELA in the month of January with this themed unit!
You can find each of the Monthly Reading/ELA Units here:
September Reading/ELA Unit
October Reading/ELA Monthly Unit
November Reading/ELA Unit
December Reading and ELA Unit
January Reading/ELA Unit
March Reading/ELA Unit
April Reading/ELA Unit
May Reading/ELA Unit
You may also be interested in these other popular January resources:
New Year’s Parts of Speech Color by Code Packet
New Year’s Resolution Writing Activity and Bulletin Board Set
Winter Wonderland Writing Task Card Set
Don’t forget that leaving feedback earns you points toward FREE purchases. I love that feedback!
Also, follow me and be notified when new products are uploaded. New products are always 50% off for the first 24 hours they are posted. It pays to follow me!
Please feel free to contact me with any questions.
Questions and answers of the customers
There are no questions yet, be the first to ask something for this product.