This October-themed reading centers packet makes organizing your Reading and ELA plans for the entire month simple and easy. Everything you need, including nonfiction informational passages, worksheets, poetry, center games and activities, and writing resources, is included in this one-stop resource!
Click on the PREVIEW above to get a closer look at the contents of this resource.
This extra-helpful, high-interest resource includes:
4 Informational Text Passages, Worksheets, and Answer Keys:
• Pizza- America’s Favorite Food
• Fire Prevention Week and the Great Chicago Fire
• Candy Corn – A Unique Treat!
• Trick or Treat!
4 ELA/Reading Center Games and Activities:
• Fact or Opinion? Sorting Center
• Simile/Metaphor Tic Tac Toe Game
• Halloween Mix-Up Text Structure Cut and Paste
• Haunted Homonyms Matching Game
• “Halloween Haunt” – An original poem with focus on personification, alliteration, and comprehension.
• “My Costume Creation” (A How-To Writing prompt, prewriting graphic organizer, lined paper, and illustration page)
• Acrostic Poetry (Writing activity complete with guide sheet, writing sheet and illustration box)
This resource is ideal for the busy teacher! All the hard work is done for you, and students LOVE the high-interest nature of the entire packet!
The passages and activities can be used in a variety of settings, such as independent work, reading centers, small group work, intervention time, and even homework!
Your upper elementary students will certainly enjoy Reading and ELA in the month of October with this themed unit!
You can find each of the Monthly Reading/ELA Units here:
September Reading/ELA Unit
October Reading/ELA Monthly Unit
November Reading/ELA Unit
December Reading and ELA Unit
January Reading/ELA Unit
March Reading/ELA Unit
April Reading/ELA Unit
May Reading/ELA Unit
Don’t forget that leaving feedback earns you points toward FREE purchases. I love that feedback!
Also, follow me and be notified when new products are uploaded. New products are always 50% off for the first 24 hours they are posted. It pays to follow me!
Please feel free to contact me with any questions.
Questions and answers of the customers
There are no questions yet, be the first to ask something for this product.