Students LOVE real-life learning, and this packet of Visit a National Parks Project Based Learning activities will have them asking for more units just like it! Students will have the opportunity to plan a trip to a National Park, create a road map, write a research article, and so much more! What better way to have students use real-life math, reading, and writing skills than with this fun U.S. National Parks Activity?
Please see the PREVIEW above for an idea of everything included in this loaded resource!
All of the hard work is done for you. Simply print the NO PREP pages, and let your students make the decisions in this fun U.S. National Parks Project Based Learning Unit!
You can use the entire packet for a longer project time-frame, or pick and choose the components that work best for your classroom and schedule. I’ve even provided some bonus banners for you to use on a bulletin board display.
This engaging Visit a National Park PBL includes:
• Unit Guide for Teachers
• List of U.S. National Parks
• Exploring National Parks Questions
• The Name Game
• Research the Park
• Planning the Trip
• Campfire Food
• Pack Your Gear
• National Park Math Mania (word problems)
• Park Selfies
• Park Snapshots
• Postcards from the Park
• Park Text Messages
• Instagram Time
• Campfire Songs Playlist
• Must-See Park Spots
• Things to Do List
• National Parks Word Search
• Mapping Your Route to the Park (map skills, map key, spatial awareness)
• Park Brochure (Create a brochure using printable template)
• An Incredible National Park (Informational Article Writing)
• 10 Popular Parks Posters (B/W for Student Coloring)
• 10 Popular Parks Posters (Color for Bulletin Board Display)
• “Our National Parks” Bulletin Board Banner (in both B/W and Color)
• Scoring Rubrics
You might also be interested in these other reading and PBL resources:
- Design a Haunted House PBL
- Plan a Thanksgiving Parade PBL
- Plan a Road Trip PBL
- How Chocolate is Made Close Reading Packet
- The History of Chocolate Close Reading Packet
As always, please contact me with any questions!