Thanksgiving activities have never been more fun, while staying academic! What better way to have students use real-life math, reading, and writing skills than with this creative, high-interest Plan a Thanksgiving Parade Project? Now includes a DIGITAL version! In this unit, students will have the opportunity to plan and design a parade float, map a parade route, and create a newspaper page with the three modes of writing!
Please see the PREVIEW above for an idea of everything included in this loaded resource!
All of the hard work is done for you. Simply print the NO PREP pages, and let your students make the decisions in this fun Project Based Learning Thanksgiving Unit!
This engaging Thanksgiving PBL includes:
• Unit Guide for Teachers
• Planning the Parade Float
• Choosing a Float Theme
• Drawing the Float
• Planning the Props
• Shopping List
• Parade Text Messages
• Instagram Time
• The Parade Playlist
• Parade Day Purchases (Math Word Problems)
• Mapping the Parade Route (planning, maps, problem solving, measurement)
• Making a Float Model (creative project)
• Write all About It! Newspaper Page (all 3 modes: informative, persuasive, narrative))
• Scoring Rubrics
Please note: Students could be required to do some research in order to brainstorm ideas. Research guides are not included with this packet.
You might also be interested in these other PBL or Thanksgiving resources:
- Design a Haunted House PBL
- Plan a Road Trip PBL
- Thanksgiving Parts of Speech Color by Code
- Thanksgiving No Prep Activities
- The First Thanksgiving Close Reading Passage
- Thanksgiving Math and Reading Packet
Don’t forget that leaving feedback earns you points toward FREE purchases. I love that feedback!
Also, follow me and be notified when new products are uploaded. New products are always 50% off for the first 24 hours they are posted. It pays to follow me!
As always, please contact me with any questions!
Questions and answers of the customers
There are no questions yet, be the first to ask something for this product.