As a teacher, I loved giving birthday gifts to my students! There is something to be said for helping each child in a classroom to feel important and loved. Birthdays are a perfect opportunity for showing your students that you really do care. These student birthday gifts are no exception!
With that said, I realize that teachers do not have a ton of time to be worrying about birthdays. After all, you have all those important forms and pieces of paperwork to complete, on top of ALL of your other duties. 😉 So, I do have a few tips to help you keep the giving of gifts simple, yet fun.
- If possible, make all your gifts for the year in one sitting, preferably in the summer before the school year starts. Once you have gathered all your supplies, it will probably only take you 1-2 hours to make all the gifts. Push play on your favorite Netflix show, get started on your gifts, and you’ll be done before you know it!
- Make a few extras. You never know when a new student will arrive at your doorstep!
- Keep them generic. I do not put students’ names on the gifts, as your class roster can change at any time.
- Not all students are permitted to celebrate birthdays. If you know that might be a possibility in your district, find another way to give a gift to those students, leaving off the “Happy Birthday” tag. For example, you might celebrate a student’s accomplishment of a goal or have a “Just Because You’re You” day for that child.
To help you keep this task as simple as possible, I’ve created a FREE set of printable tags that you can use however you wish! You can download them HERE.
I have two specific suggestions for using these tags to create student birthday gifts, but seriously, do not feel limited by these ideas:
Here are some photo examples of the finished student birthday gifts! Once they are done, you are set….simply store on a shelf and on a student’s birthday, give them their special gift.
You can download the FREE birthday tags HERE in my Teachers Pay Teachers store. The download also includes free “Welcome to our Class” tags! I hope you enjoy them! Please feel free to leave feedback in my store after you grab your freebie.
Happy teaching, and enjoy the journey!
Looking for More Great Ideas to Make Students Feel Known?
Setting the right atmosphere is a big part of creating a welcoming classroom where learning thrives. One where students are excited to try and where its ok to fail. Where students know they are loved and cared for. Here’s some more ideas for creating this kind of classroom.
- New Year’s Goals
- New Student Welcome Packets
- Inexpensive Christmas Gifts for Students
- End of the Year Celebrations
- Developing a Growth Mindset
Download the FREE teaching printables today!
Download over $30 worth of free teaching printables when you sign up for the Appletastic Learning newsletter!