This Solar System Close Reading Packet has everything you need for a complete Close Reading unit in your classroom. Differentiated Reading Passages are at the heart of this one-stop resource for learning all about the Solar System!
Please see the PREVIEW above for an idea of everything included in this loaded resource!
If you have never used Close Reading or even if you are already a pro, this 114-page packet truly is for you! It has everything you need for a complete, successful informational text reading unit.
Each of the 5 passages included in this resource is provided in two differentiated Lexile levels. One is in the fifth-sixth grade reading range, and the other is in the third-fourth grade reading level range. The Lexile level is given for each passage, along with a guide that provides the corresponding grade level for Lexile levels. I’ve taken all the guesswork out of differentiating and leveling of passages for you!
This comprehensive packet includes:
• 10 Solar System Informational Passages (each passage has 2 differentiated versions)
• 5 Close Reading Activities for each passage
• End of Unit Culminating Writing Activities
• Guide Sheet
• Annotation Guide
• Answer Keys
• 12 Bonus Solar System Coloring Pages
*Please note: Although Pluto is not a planet, it is presented in this packet as one of the five dwarf planets.
This packet includes these informational, high-interest, close reading passages:
• The Sun: Center of the Solar System (Lexile levels 840 & 980)
• Mercury: The Sun’s Neighbor (Lexile levels 850 & 1,010)
• Venus: Deadly Planet (Lexile levels 790 & 960)
• Earth: The Living Planet (Lexile levels 760 & 950)
• Mars: The Red Planet (Lexile levels 770 & 970)
• Jupiter: The Gas Giant (Lexile levels 790 & 960)
• Saturn: The Ringed Planet (Lexile levels 780 & 980)
• Uranus: The Ice Giant (Lexile levels 800 & 960)
• Neptune: The Blue Planet (Lexile levels 750 & 950)
• Pluto: Dwarf Planet (Lexile levels 790 & 1,010)
This packet is both rigorous and Common-Core aligned. Questions have been carefully crafted to move readers from basic, recall questions to higher-level questions where students must cite evidence from the text to support their answers. There are 5 tasks/activities for each passage, moving from easier tasks to more challenging activities. Each passage and its corresponding activities offer a full-week’s worth of close reading.
Looking for other helpful Reading and ELA resources? Take a look here:
Reading Task Cards
Writing Task Cards
Reading Comprehension Passages and Monthly-Themed Packets
Don’t forget that leaving feedback earns you points toward FREE purchases. I love that feedback!
Also, follow me and be notified when new products are uploaded. New products are always 50% off for the first 24 hours they are posted. It pays to follow me!
As always, please contact me with any questions!
Thank you so much,
Questions and answers of the customers
There are no questions yet, be the first to ask something for this product.