Let’s take a look at 8 Valentine’s Day activities for kids that you will love! Does Valentine’s Day stress you out as a teacher? If so, you’re not alone. With a little added sugar, our students can be on high-energy levels and don’t want to think about lessons and learning. No worries! These 8 Valentine’s Day activities for kids will not stress you out, AND your students will still be learning while having fun!
8 Valentine’s Day Activities for Kids:
1. Fun Math Printables. These Valentine’s Day worksheets for upper elementary students will keep things academic in the classroom while giving students a nice break from the normal routine. Students can practice multiplication, division, money problems, fractions, and more with these fun worksheets. A bonus coloring page and word search are included, too!
2. Parts of Speech Color by Code. What student doesn’t love color by code? Reviewing common parts of speech, such as nouns, verbs, adjectives, and adverbs is extra fun with these Valentine’s Day color by code printables.
3. Valentine’s Day Bookmarks. These FREE bookmarks are perfect to give to your students as a gift. You can choose to print the bookmarks that are already colored, or give them the black and white version to color themselves. A great option for Valentine’s Day Activities for Kids!
4. Create a Candy Writing Activity. Students will be so excited with this NO PREP Valentine’s Day writing activity, they will jump right into the fun! In this Bite-Sized PBL unit, students will have the opportunity to rescue a failing candy company by creating and advertising a brand-new Valentine’s Day candy.
5. The History of Valentine’s Day Flipbook. After reading the informational passage explaining the history of this holiday, students answer questions to create a fun flipbook. This is a great way to keep students’ interest during an informational reading activity!
6. FREE Figurative Language Escape Challenge. Looking for a creative way to review figurative language? While this activity isn’t solely for Valentine’s Day, it actually would be perfect for this holiday! Students work in small groups to complete 5 tasks related to figurative language. Click HERE to download this FREEBIE!
7. Valentine’s Day Printable Puzzles. Students love to be challenged. These Valentine’s Day puzzles include a word search, crack the code, word scramble, and more. Just print and go! They are the perfect activity for party time in the classroom.
8. Valentine’s Day Project Based Learning Activity. Anything involving cupcakes is a good thing, in my opinion. This high-interest Create a Valentine’s Day Cupcake Contest project will have your students using math and writing and loving every minute of it! Even better, it’s ready-to-go . . . just print and go!
From Valentine’s Day projects to writing and reading activities, these Valentine’s Day activities for kids are sure to appeal to upper elementary students! It’s true that when students are more interested in the activity at hand and more engaged in the learning process, they are bound to learn at a deeper level. With topics and activities like Valentine’s Day cupcakes, a figurative language escape room, fun puzzles and flip books, and Valentine’s Day color by code printables, your fourth and fifth graders will be asking for more activities just like these!
The best part? They won’t stress you out. With ready-to-go resources, you can just print and go with confidence, knowing that your students will have a high-quality learning experience in the near future!
Do you celebrate Valentine’s Day in your classroom? I’d love to hear any other ideas you have for activities!
SAVE PIN FOR LATER
Have a wonderful Valentine’s Day!