Looking for some fun candy bar award ideas? Well, I have a confession. . . I LOVE candy bars! I also love giving out end of the year awards. So it only makes sense to bring on all the candy bar awards!
At the end of a school year, it’s time to celebrate the successes and hard work of all your students. One fun way to recognize each student’s achievements is by giving out candy bar awards! Not only are they delicious treats that kids love, but they can also be customized with unique messages for every student. Candy bar awards make great rewards for elementary classes and can be tailored to fit any occasion or event. Read on to discover some creative candy bar award ideas for making these special treats even more memorable!
Benefits of Giving Out Candy Bar Awards
One of the biggest benefits to giving out end of year awards is that it recognizes and celebrates students’ accomplishments. These candy bar award ideas are a great way for teachers, parents, and administrators to show appreciation for all the hard work their kiddos have put in throughout the year. Additionally, these candy bar awards can be tailored specifically to each student so that they know how much they mean to their teachers, peers, and families. Finally, candy bar awards are a fun treat that kids love which provides an extra incentive for them to do well in school and receive recognition!
Here are 15 Candy Bar Award Ideas to get you started:
- Almond Joy – bringing joy and happiness to the classroom
- Bubble Yum – Having a fun and bubbly attitude
- Dove – Being the class peacemaker
- Fast Break – Having super-fast problem-solving skills
- Junior Mints – Being “mint” for something great
- Kit Kat – Helping and giving others a break
- Laffy-Taffy – Sharing the love of laughter
- M&M – Being marvelous and magnificent
- Milky Way – Being an out-of-this-world scientist/reader/speller
- Now and Later – Willingness to work now and later
- Ring Pop – Always ringing up the correct answer
- Rolo – Showing how to roll with change on difficult days
- Skor – Scoring lots of good grades
- Twizzler – Ability to untwist and solve difficult problems
- Whoppers – Being a wonderful story-teller
Ready-to-Print Candy Bar Award Ideas and Certificates
While you can certainly come up with your own larger list of candy bar award ideas, I have included a list of over 60 awards in my End of Year Candy Bar Awards Packet. The resource also includes:
- 60+ Student Awards
- Teacher Guide and Directions
- Master List of Awards
- 3 Options to choose from (printable, editable PowerPoint, and Google Slides)
Preparing Your Candy Bar Awards
You’ve taught your students all year long, and now you want to recognize their efforts in a special way!
First decide which candy bar award ideas you are going to use with your class. Once you have decided which students will receive which awards, take a quick trip to the store and buy the candy bars and sweet treats. Make sure you take a shopping list with you; I promise it will be a quick trip that will be well worth the effort. Then, you can either create your own tags or certificates or use the ready-to-print awards in the Candy Bar Awards packet. Hand out the certificates with the candy bars during the final week of school. Make sure to help each student feel special and important as you pass out the awards.
Students really do love being recognized for their efforts and accomplishments! You may want to also check out these 3 End of the Year Award Ideas.
Candy bar awards are a great way to recognize student successes and achievements. With so many tasty treats to choose from, it’s easy to find one that fits each individual student’s personality or accomplishments. Plus, they can be customized with unique messages for every candy bar award you give out! Whether you’re celebrating the end of a school year or recognizing special moments in class, these fun candy bar award ideas will make your students feel appreciated and rewarded. So go ahead—give them something sweet today!