Figurative language can be a difficult concept for intermediate-aged students. They tend to take things so literally! This extra-helpful, engaging unit makes figurative language super easy and enjoyable!
Watch the video by clicking the play button above to see all the great components of this resource!
Click HERE to save 20% by buying the bundle, which includes Figurative Language, Author’s Purpose, and Theme in Literature.
This packet includes everything you need for a complete unit on Figurative Language:
• Figurative Language Posters: Includes definitions of figurative language and each category (simile, metaphor, alliteration, hyperbole, personification, onomatopoeia, idiom). You choose from either the beautiful, colored version or the ink-saving black & white version.
• Figurative Language Labels: 7 visually-attractive 1/2 page labels of categories of figurative language for use in quick reference activities and for the simile/metaphor sort.
• Figurative Language Foldable: No staples required! A fun way for students to identify types of figurative language and create examples of each.
• All That Alliteration!: Students create an example of alliteration and then illustrate it.
• Figuratively Speaking: A great way to assess student mastery of types of figurative language in worksheet format.
•Zoom, Quack, Pow! Create a 3 frame comic strip using onomatopoeia words.
•Simile and Metaphor Sort Students sort simile and metaphor cards into the correct categories.
• Superhero Onomatopoeia This fun bonus sheet is an extra way to help students master this extra-long word.
All activities, printables, and worksheets are very easy to use! Simply print and use in your classrooms. It is suggested that the colored poster and labels be laminated for longer use.
If you are interested in just a very small piece of this unit, please take a look at:
Figuratively Speaking! Worksheet and Activity Page
Also, check out my 2 other best-selling Reading/ELA Units:
Author’s Purpose Unit – Worksheets, Game, Foldable, Activities, Posters, & More
Theme in Literature: Theme Match, Fables, Foldables, Writing Organizer and More
Save by purchasing all 3 of the units in one bundle:Reading Bundle – Best-Selling Theme, Figurative Language, Author’s Purpose Units
Don’t forget that leaving feedback earns you points toward FREE purchases. I love that feedback!
Also, follow me and be notified when new products are uploaded. New products are always 50% off for the first 24 hours they are posted. It pays to follow me!
As always, please feel free to contact me with any questions.
Questions and answers of the customers
There are no questions yet, be the first to ask something for this product.