Theme in Literature, Figurative Language, and Author’s Purpose are three of my best-selling units. These extra-helpful, engaging units makes learning these three tough topics super easy and enjoyable! Students LOVE the hands-on activities, and teachers enjoy the convenience of the packets.
By purchasing this bundle of all three units, you are SAVING 20% off the individual price of each unit.
The three units include a variety of passages, worksheets, posters, activities, and much more to help reinforce and enrich each of the topics.
This time-saving, high-interest bundle includes:
• Theme Poster: Choose from the full-color version or the ink-saving black and white version.
• Theme Labels: 8 visually-attractive 1/2 page labels of common themes for use in quick reference activities or a classroom display. You choose from either the beautiful, colored version or the ink-saving black & white version.
• Mini Foldable Theme Book: No staples required! A fun way for students to identify theme and provide supporting evidence from the text.
• Reading Journal Foldable: A 4-flap foldable for students to highlight theme and supporting evidence in their Reading Journals.
• Theme in Fables: Theme is explored through four reading passages with worksheets.
• Moons, Mars, and Matching: 8 Space-related passages for students to read and then match to a theme. Student answer sheet is in fun riddle format!
• Blast-Off to Writing: Students choose a theme and write a short story related to that theme. Includes directions, prewriting organizer, and lined paper.
• Answer Keys
Author’s Purpose Unit
• Author’s Purpose Posters and Labels (Color and Black/White Options)
• Author’s Purpose Bookmarks
• “What’s the Purpose?” Worksheet
• Author’s Purpose Foldable
• “As Easy as Pie” Cut and Paste Activity Sheet
• Author’s Purpose Scavenger Hunt
• P.I.E. Points or Poof Game
• CCSS Posters
• Culminating Writing Project (Create a Cereal)
Figurative Language Unit
• Figurative Language Posters: Includes definitions of figurative language and each category (simile, metaphor, alliteration, hyperbole, personification, onomatopoeia). Includes both color and black/white options.
• Figurative Language Labels: 6 visually-attractive 1/2 page labels of categories of figurative language for use in quick reference activities and for the simile/metaphor sort.
• Figurative Language Foldable: No staples required! A fun way for students to identify types of figurative language and create examples of each.
• All That Alliteration!: Students create an example of alliteration and then illustrate it.
• Figuratively Speaking: A great way to assess student mastery of types of figurative language in worksheet format.
• Zoom! Quack! Pow!: Create a 3 frame comic strip using onomatopoeia words.
• Sort it Out Activity: Students sort simile and metaphor cards into the correct categories.
Here’s what some buyers had to say about these units:
“Excellent resource! Easy-to-implement, thoughtful, and will prove valuable year-after-year.”
“Terrific resource. Engaging, attractive, and complete. Thank you!”
“I’m using this with my special education high school students who are having problems understanding the concept behind these study skills. I like this packet because the material is such that it can be presented to high schoolers without making them feel like they are doing ‘baby work.’ ”
“This is great! I love how colorful it is and the fables that go with it to illustrate! Thanks!”
“Excellent resources for use in studying figurative language!! Looking forward to using it! Thanks for a student and teacher friendly product!!”
Don’t forget that leaving feedback earns you points toward FREE purchases. I love that feedback!
Also, follow me and be notified when new products are uploaded. New products are always 50% off for the first 24 hours they are posted. It pays to follow me!
Please feel free to contact me with any questions.
Thank you so much,
Questions and answers of the customers
There are no questions yet, be the first to ask something for this product.