This July-Themed Informational Close Reading Packet has everything you need for a complete Close Reading unit in your classroom. Now includes digital versions for Google Classroom. High-Interest, Differentiated Reading Passages about ice cream, cocoa bean harvesting, Amelia Earhart, and more are at the heart of this one-stop resource!
By purchasing this bundle, you are saving 35% off the price of the individual packets.
If you have never used Close Reading or even if you are already a pro, this 55-page packet truly is for you! It has everything you need for a complete, successful informational text reading unit.
Each of the 5 passages included in this resource is provided in two differentiated levels. One is in the fifth-sixth grade reading range, and the other is in the third-fourth grade reading level range. The level is given for each passage, along with a guide that provides the corresponding grade level for Lexile levels. I’ve taken all the guesswork out of differentiating and leveling of passages for you!
This bundle includes:
- 5 Informational Passages (2 Differentiated Levels)
- 5 Days of Close Reading Activities
- Text Dependent Questions
- Written Response
- Teacher Guide Sheet
- Annotation Guide (full page and ½ page)
- Printable B/W Pages
- Color, Interactive Digital Slides for Google Classroom
- Answer Keys
- This packet includes these informational, high-interest, close reading passages:
• Ice Cream! Ice Cream (Month of June, National Ice Cream Month)
• The Mystery of UFOs (June 2, World UFO Day)
• A Declaration of Independence (July 4, Independence Day)
• Chocolate: From Tree to Treat (July 7: Chocolate Day)
• Amelia Earhart: Woman of Flight (July 24, Amelia Earhart Day)
This packet is both rigorous and Common-Core aligned. Questions have been carefully crafted to move readers from basic, recall questions to higher-level questions where students must cite evidence from the text to support their answers. There are 5 tasks/activities for each passage, moving from easier tasks to more challenging activities. Each passage and its corresponding activities offer a full-week’s worth of close reading.
Looking for MORE CLOSE READING packets? Here you go:
Close Reading for the YEAR Bundle
Arctic Animals Close Reading
U.S. Landmarks Close Reading
Black History Close Reading
Amazing Insects Close Reading
Solar System Close Reading
February Close Reading Packet
Other Close Reading Packets
Questions and answers of the customers
There are no questions yet, be the first to ask something for this product.