This May-themed reading centers packet makes organizing your Reading and ELA plans for the entire month simple and easy. Everything you need, including nonfiction informational passages, worksheets, poetry, center games and activities, and writing resources, is included in this one-stop resource!
Click here to SAVE 20% by buying ALL 9 Monthly Reading/ELA Units in one convenient Year-Long Bundle.
Click on the Preview above to get a closer look at the contents of this resource.
This extra-helpful, high-interest resource includes:
4 Informational Text Passages, Worksheets, and Answer Keys:
• Cinco de Mayo
• Hamburger Happiness
• Mother’s Day Beginnings
• What is Memorial Day?
4 ELA/Reading Center Games and Activities:
• Analogy True/False Sort Game (20 analogy cards)
• Sentence Sort Memory Match Game (40 game cards- interrogative, declarative, imperative, and exclamatory)
• Cause and Effect Match-Up Game (28 game cards)
• What’s the Effect? A Cut and Paste Worksheet
“May’s Memorial” An Original Poem and Questions
• “Dazzling Diamantes” (Instructional handout, prewriting organizer page, final draft and illustration page)
• “Hamburger Heaven” (Writing prompt, prewriting graphic organizer, lined paper, and illustration page)
This resource is ideal for the busy teacher! All the hard work is done for you, and students LOVE the high-interest nature of the entire packet!
The passages and activities can be used in a variety of settings, such as independent work, reading centers, small group work, intervention time, and even homework!
Your upper elementary students will certainly enjoy Reading and ELA in the month of May with this themed unit!
You can find each of the Monthly Reading/ELA Units here:
September Reading/ELA Unit
October Reading/ELA Monthly Unit
November Reading/ELA Unit
December Reading and ELA Unit
January Reading/ELA Unit
March Reading/ELA Unit
April Reading/ELA Unit
May Reading/ELA Unit
As always, please let me know if you have any questions.
There are no reviews yet.