April-Themed Reading Centers Packet! This resource makes organizing your Reading and ELA plans simple and easy. Everything you need, including nonfiction informational passages, worksheets, poetry, fictional tale, center games and activities, and writing resources, is included in this one-stop resource!
Click on the Preview above to get a closer look at the contents of this resource.
This extra-helpful, high-interest resource includes:
4 Informational Text Passages, Worksheets, and Answer Keys:
• April Fools’ Day!
• Jellybeans: A Sweet Treat
• Plant a Tree! The History of Arbor Day
• The Great Pacific Garbage Patch
Poetry and Fictional Tale
• “April’s Prayer” Poem and Questions
• “The Lazy Lesson” Folktale and Comprehension Worksheet
• 4 ELA/Reading Center Games and Activities:
• Synonym Sort Memory Match Game (32 game cards)
• Antonym Action Board Game (game board, 40 game cards, spinner)
• Analogy Race the Clock Game (24 game cards)
• Analogy Assortment: A Cut and Paste Worksheet
• “A Springtime Haiku” (Instructional handout, prewriting page, final draft and illustration page)
• “Compare and Contrast Spring” (Writing prompt, prewriting graphic organizer, lined writing paper, and illustration page)
This resource is ideal for the busy teacher! All the hard work is done for you, and students LOVE the high-interest nature of the entire packet!
The passages and activities can be used in a variety of settings, such as independent work, reading centers, small group work, intervention time, and even homework!
Your upper elementary students will certainly enjoy Reading and ELA in the month of April with this themed unit!
You can find each of the Monthly Reading/ELA Units here:
September Reading/ELA Unit
October Reading/ELA Monthly Unit
November Reading/ELA Unit
December Reading and ELA Unit
January Reading/ELA Unit
March Reading/ELA Unit
April Reading/ELA Unit
May Reading/ELA Unit
Please feel free to contact me with any questions.
Thank you so much,