Students LOVE real-life learning, and this Start a Smoothie Stand PBL unit will have them asking for more units just like it! Now includes a DIGITAL version! Students will have the opportunity to plan their very own smoothie stand, create and design a menu, write directions for making the world’s best smoothie, and so much more! What better way to have students use real-life math, reading, and writing skills than with this fun project based learning activity?
Please see the PREVIEW above for an idea of everything included in this loaded resource!
All of the hard work is done for you. Simply print the NO PREP pages, and let your students make the decisions in this fun Smoothie Stand Project Based Learning Unit!
You can use the entire packet for a longer project time-frame, or pick and choose the components that work best for your classroom and schedule.
This engaging PBL includes:
• Unit Guide for Teachers
• Choose a Location
• Smoothie Stand Details
• Smoothie Stand Supplies
• Design and Name Your Stand
• Smoothie Facts
• Smoothie of the Day
• The Shopping List
• Picture Perfect
• Instagram Time
• Your Smoothie Stand Work Schedule
• Sweet Smoothie Calculations (Math Word Problems)
• Create a Menu (math skills, design, descriptive writing)
• Smoothie Stand Menu Math (based on students’ menus)
• How to Make a Smoothie Flip Book (informational writing)
• Smoothie Stand Advertisement (persuasive writing)
• Bonus Smoothie Stand Banner
• Scoring Rubrics
You might also be interested in these other reading and PBL resources:
- Design a Haunted House PBL
- Plan a Thanksgiving Parade PBL
- Plan a Road Trip PBL
- How Chocolate is Made Close Reading Packet
- The History of Chocolate Close Reading Packet
As always, please contact me with any questions!