Students LOVE real-life learning, and this “Start a Hot Cocoa Stand” PBL unit will have them asking for more units just like it! Now includes a DIGITAL version! Students will have the opportunity to plan and design a hot cocoa stand, create a menu, write how to make the world’s best hot chocolate, and so much more! What better way to have students use real-life math, reading, and writing skills than with this Hot Cocoa Business Project Based Learning unit?
This activity is perfect for any winter month or as a Christmas Project Based Learning unit.
Please see the PREVIEW above for an idea of everything included in this loaded resource!
All of the hard work is done for you. Simply print the NO PREP pages, and let your students make the decisions in this fun Start a Hot Cocoa Stand Project Based Learning Unit!
You can use all the packet for a longer project time-frame, or pick and choose the components that work best for your classroom and schedule. I do suggest having an actual hot-cocoa party at the end of the unit….. I mean, who doesn’t love hot cocoa?!! I’ve even provided some bonus banners for you to use as a decoration.
While this unit is perfect for celebrating Christmas in the classroom, it is also ideal for classrooms not able to bring Christmas into the classroom.
This engaging Hot Cocoa Business PBL includes:
• Unit Guide for Teachers
• Gingerbread House Research
• Planning the Hot Cocoa Stand
• Planning the Supplies
• Design and Name the Stand
• For a Good Cause (research and identify a cause for which to raise money)
• Instagram Time
• The Cocoa Stand Playlist
• Hot Cocoa Stand Work Schedule (elapsed time and problem solving)
• Cocoa Calculations (Math Word Problems)
• Time for Hot Cocoa (elapsed time)
• Create a Menu (money, design, research of hot cocoa facts)
• Menu Math (basic operations and problems solving)
• How to Make the World’s Best Hot Cocoa (informational, how-to writing flip book)
• Advertisement Poster (creative project with persuasive writing)
• Bonus Hot Cocoa Stand Banners
• Scoring Rubrics
Please note: Students are required to do some research in order to find hot cocoa facts. Research guides are not included with this packet.
You might also be interested in these other reading and PBL resources:
- Design a Haunted House PBL
- Plan a Thanksgiving Parade PBL
- Plan a Road Trip PBL
- How Chocolate is Made Close Reading Packet
- The History of Chocolate Close Reading Packet
Don’t forget that leaving feedback earns you points toward FREE purchases. I love that feedback!
Also, follow me and be notified when new products are uploaded. New products are always 50% off for the first 24 hours they are posted. It pays to follow me!
As always, please contact me with any questions!
Questions and answers of the customers
There are no questions yet, be the first to ask something for this product.