Students LOVE real-life learning, and this Start a Hot Cocoa Stand winter project based learning unit will have them asking for more activities just like it! Students will plan and design a hot cocoa stand, create a menu, write how to make the world’s best hot chocolate, and so much more! What better way to have students use real-life math, reading, and writing skills than with this Hot Chocolate Stand Business PBL unit?
Click HERE to SAVE 35% with the PBL Activities Bundle for the Year!
This activity is perfect for any winter month or as a Christmas Project Based Learning unit.
All of the hard work is done for you. Simply print the NO PREP pages, and let your students make the decisions in this fun Start a Hot Cocoa Stand Project Based Learning Unit!
You can use all the packet for a longer project time-frame, or pick and choose the components that work best for your classroom and schedule. I do suggest having an actual hot-cocoa party at the end of the unit….. I mean, who doesn’t love hot cocoa?!! I’ve even provided some bonus banners for you to use as a decoration.
While this unit is perfect for celebrating Christmas in the classroom, it is also ideal for classrooms not able to bring Christmas into the classroom.
This engaging Winter Project Based Learning Unit includes:
- Unit Guide for Teachers
- Hot Cocoa Research
- Planning the Hot Cocoa Stand
- Planning the Supplies
- Design and Name the Stand
- For a Good Cause (research and identify a cause for which to raise money)
- Instagram Time
- The Cocoa Stand Playlist
- Hot Cocoa Stand Work Schedule (elapsed time and problem solving)
- Cocoa Calculations (Math Word Problems)
- Time for Hot Cocoa (elapsed time)
- Create a Menu (money, design, research of hot cocoa facts)
- Menu Math (basic operations and problems solving)
- How to Make the World’s Best Hot Cocoa (informational, how-to writing flip book)
- Advertisement Poster (creative project with persuasive writing)
- Bonus Hot Cocoa Stand Banners
- Scoring Rubrics
Please note: Students are required to do some research in order to find hot cocoa facts. Research guides are not included with this winter project based learning packet.
You might also be interested in these other reading and PBL resources:
- Design a Haunted House PBL
- Plan a Thanksgiving Parade PBL
- Plan a Road Trip PBL
- How Chocolate is Made Close Reading Packet
- The History of Chocolate Close Reading Packet
As always, please contact me with any questions!
There are no reviews yet.