Reading comprehension and ELA skills practice is made FUN and easy with this February-Themed Literacy Centers Packet! This resource makes organizing your Reading and ELA plans simple and easy. Everything you need, from reading passages to reading centers to writing activities, is included in this one-stop resource!
Click here to SAVE 20% by buying ALL 9 Monthly Reading/ELA Units in one convenient Year-Long Bundle.
Click on the Preview above to get a closer look at the contents of this resource.
This extra-helpful, high-interest resource includes:
4 Informational Reading Comprehension Passages and Question Sheets:
• Groundhog Day – Looking for a Shadow (Groundhog Day, February 2nd)
• The History of St. Valentine’s Day (Valentine’s Day, February 14th)
• George Washington – Myths Busted! (Presidents’ Day, 3rd Monday in February)
• Celebrating Polar Bears (International Polar Bear Day, February 27th)
4 ELA/Reading Center Games and Activities:
• Which Genre? – Literary Genres
• Mandy’s Many Mistakes – Editing and Revising
• Valentine’s Day Cut and Paste Activity – Text Structure and Organization
• Sweet as Sugar – Simile/Metaphor Sort Activity
Poetry Corner Worksheet:
• “On Valentine’s Day” A traditional poem with focus on rhyme, alliteration, & comprehension
February-Themed Writing Activity:
• “A Sweet Treat” – A How-to writing prompt, prewriting graphic organizer, lined paper, and illustration page
This resource is ideal for the busy teacher! All the hard work is done for you, and students LOVE the high-interest nature of the entire packet!
The passages and activities can be used in a variety of settings, such as independent work, reading centers, small group work, intervention time, and even homework!
Your upper elementary students will certainly enjoy Reading and ELA in the month of February with this themed unit!
You can find each of the Monthly Reading/ELA Units here:
September Reading/ELA Unit
October Reading/ELA Monthly Unit
November Reading/ELA Unit
December Reading and ELA Unit
January Reading/ELA Unit
March Reading/ELA Unit
April Reading/ELA Unit
May Reading/ELA Unit
You may also be interested in my other helpful resources related to the month of February:
Valentine’s Day Text Structure Activity
Valentine’s Day Factor Find
Valentine’s Day Flip Book
Valentine’s Day Writing Task Cards
Black History Close Reading Packet
February Close Reading Packet
Please feel free to contact me with any questions.
Thank you so much,
There are no reviews yet.