Your students will enjoy learning about the California Gold Rush with this interactive packet. Now includes a DIGITAL VERSION for Google Classroom. The fun, hands-on activities in this resource will surely help your students learn and understand the history of the Gold Rush!
This resource includes both a printable version AND a digital version. The digital version is on Google Slides and is perfect for distance learning, independent work, centers, and more!
This high-interest, engaging packet has 6 components:
• Interactive Notebook Foldables: Printable layered book with tabs and pages for definition, dates, key people, locations, and effects of the Gold Rush.
• Map it Out Foldable: Students identify location of Sutter’s Mill, San Francisco, and California on a foldable map, which is great for use in interactive notebooks.
• Timeline Activity: Students will enjoy creating this Gold Rush timeline to gain a better understanding of the early explorers.
• Information Guide: Students will use this information guide and interesting fact sheet to help complete the interactive notebooks and learn about the Gold Rush.
• Letter Writing Activity: Students write a letter home from the perspective of a gold miner at camp. Illustration sheet also included.
• Bulletin Board: Use the students’ letters to create this attractive bulletin board. Includes bulletin board header, Gold Rush illustrated accents, and photo directions. You can also add the students’ timelines to the board!
The packet also includes a teacher-direction sheet with photo examples of the projects in use in the classroom. It is very clear and easy-to-use; basically just print and go! My students loved these activities; I think yours will, too!
You can find each of the individual Social Studies Interactive Notebooks and Mini Units here:
Maps, Continents, and Landforms
Explorers of the World
Road to the Revolutionary War
The Revolutionary War
The 13 Colonies (Geography)
Colonial America – Daily Life
Colonial America – Jobs and Trades
Lewis and Clark Expedition
The Oregon Trail
The Gold Rush
The Civil War – Events Leading to the War
The Civil War
The U.S. Constitution
3 Branches of U.S. Government
Elections and the Voting Process
Don’t forget that leaving feedback earns you points toward FREE purchases. I love that feedback!
Also, follow me and be notified when new products are uploaded. New products are always 50% off for the first 24 hours they are posted. It pays to follow me!
As always, please contact me with any questions!
Thank you so much,
Questions and answers of the customers
There are no questions yet, be the first to ask something for this product.
5 Regions of the United States Interactive Notebook Bundle | US Regions
$28.00Add to cart
13 Colonies Life Activities | Colonial America Unit | DIGITAL & PRINTABLE$6.00 Add to cart
Causes of the Civil War | Civil War Map and Activities DIGITAL and PRINTABLE$6.00 Add to cart
13 Colonies Maps and Activities | Colonial America Unit | DIGITAL & PRINTABLE$6.00 Add to cart